I wrote this foodie questionnaire for a potential project, that I just haven't come around to doing and thought it would be a shame for the Q & A to go to waste.
Enjoy and I hope you potentially learn something new!
Love Alex, Ballerina Bites. xx
1. Are you vegan or plant-based?
2. How long have you eaten this way?
I've eaten a 'whole food' diet for 5 years, but entirely plant-based for 1 year now.
3. Why did you decide to eat mainly a 'whole food' diet?
Due to a serious ankle injury that resulted in surgery.
Post the operation I wanted to rid inflammation within my body, by stopping the consumption of inflaming foods such as dairy and meat.
4. Does your way of eating have a label? High carb, oil-free etc?
No I eat an abundance of all fruit and vegetables as well as all essential plant-based food groups. Carbs; quinoa, brown rice, sweet/ white potatoes. Fats; Nuts, seeds, avocado. Protein; beans, legumes, tofu.
5. Whats your preferred meal plan? 3 normal sized meals with snacks in-between, 3 larger meals, intermittent fasting (2 very large meals) or eat whenever your hungry?
I prefer to eat 3 normal sized meals with snacks in between, but sometimes with my busy dancer schedule I eat many small snack sized meals throughout the day.
6. Do you ever have 'treat days' and how often?
Of course! We're only human and should defiantly not deprive ourselves of more processed foods. I make sure to treat myself at least once a week.
7. Almond, oat, soy or rice milk?
I either go for almond or soy milk but I've recently discovered cashew milk.
8. Favourite nut butter? Peanut, almond, cashew, tahini?
Peanut Butter without fail. Although I always have a jar of almond butter and tahini on hand too.
9. Milk or dark chocolate? (vegan of course)
Dark chocolate! One of favourites is Ritter Sports, Hazelnut & Amaranth block that I can only buy in Germany.
10. What did you eat for breakfast today?
Vanilla Protein Porridge
In a saucepan add 1/2 quick oats, 3/4 cup water, 1/2 cup plant milk, 1/2 banana (sliced) and 1/2 tsp maca powder. Allow to cook on medium heat. Once it begins to thicken add one scoop of vanilla protein powder, stir and pour into a bowl. Top with berries and remaining sliced banana.
11. Do you cook with oil?
It depends on how I'm feeling and what I think my body needs. My preferred oils are either coconut or olive oil.
12. Great foodie influencer?
I don't have one particular foodie influencer. I generally take inspiration from all different platforms such as Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, magazines, places I've eaten etc.
13. Who are your favourite foodie YouTuber's?
Cam & Nina, Feasting on Fruit, Honeybunch of Onion Tops, Healthy Crazy Cool, Hot For Food, Mina Rome, Niomi Smart, just to name a few.
14. What food/s do you dislike?
Raw fermented sauerkraut and coconut yoghurt.
15. What cuisine are you mostly likely to chose when eating out?
Either Italian or Burgers.
16. What is one of your foodie peeves?
Having oily fingers.
17. Do you enjoy fake meat and cheeses?
Yes I do enjoy them, but consider them as 'treat foods' and eat within reason. Out of the two I prefer vegan cheese.
18. Whats is one of your favourite snacks?
Nuts, seeds, fresh/ dried fruit and raw kale chips if I can find them.
19. Name some of your favourite Ballerina Bites recipes?
Vegan Chocolate Cake, Matcha Bliss Balls with Coconut & Cranberries, Savoury Muffins, and Tex- Mex Lentils with Sweet Potato Wedges , just to name a few.
20. Whats for dinner tonight?
Homemade dhal with brown rice, fresh salad and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.